Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Open Office Spaces: Headphones are the new walls

Linked below is a good short read from the New York Times about the problems of open office spaces.  I'm in a cubicle farm at my current client site, and have to admit that I use headphones to make local discussions less distracting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/science/when-buzz-at-your-cubicle-is-too-loud-for-work.html

In my case, what I really need is better noise control between my workspace and the one directly in front of me (that is, through the cube wall).  I would like to experiment with the pink noise solution discussed in the article - I had not realized that the pink noise is matched to common human speech to mask discussions.

Hat Tip to Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit

Double Click on the YouTube icon to view in YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment