ProjectManager.com (formerly Gantthead.com) offers this virtual trade show for PMs every year. It is a
great source of Professional Development Units with no cost at all. Note that you may register for
PMXPO anytime and the recordings are up until late July.
First up - Jeffery Ma. His claim to fame is that he was the guy profiled on the movie "21" - yes the Blackjack - Card Counting movie.
Some gems from Jeffery's talk:
- Always make the right choice (can't always have the right outcome).
- Make business decision independently of recent results
- Reduce risk by making lots of decisions (more is better!)
- Make Difficult Decisions (Don't hold on 20 - Split)
- Make Unemotional Decidions without Bias
- Focus on the process, not the results and you will drive positive results over time
- A decision to maintain status quo is still a decision
- Don't confuse outcome with decision (Good decisions can cause poor outcomes)
About 2,400 attendees for Jeffery's Keynote. More later today . . .