Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Experiment - My Personal Productivity System
First, here is a graphical model of Mr. Allen's method:
1. Inbox(es) - Stuff comes into two email boxes, two snail mail boxes, two voicemail boxes, and direct to me via phone calls, IMs, and conversations (e.g., "Honey Do" list). I will cary a physical inbox (file folder) in my bag and also a reporters notebook to collect stuff while I am away from my bag and PC.
2. Processing - I will process the email boxes and voice mail boxes daily; snail mail boxes weekly; and physical inbox and reporters notebook daily (business days).
3. Organizing - Calendars (Appointments and Incubation Items)
4. Organizing - Lists - I have wet up two trello pages - one for work and one for home (aka - not work). Each page has lists for Next Actions; Waiting For . . .; Projects; and Someday. Here is a picture of my current to do @ Work page . . .
5. Reviewing - Calendars daily, Trello pages daily, projects defined per project.
I'm actually having a blast going through all my stuff and loading this new system. In theory, I will become more productive as I stop stressing because I know all my actions/promises are stored in a trusted system and will be reviewed soon.
I'll let you know how that goes :)