Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Motivation

During the Joys of Engineering Leadership Video that I linked last week - they mentioned a tech talk by Dan Pink.  I found and watched that TED Talk and recommend it to all project managers.  Here is the video:

Double Click to view in YouTube

There is also a "Fast Drawing" version of this talk from RSA - Find the link after the break . . .


Dan Pink's talk with "Fast Draw" annimation:


Double Click to view in YouTube

Key take-a ways for me:

  • There is a mismatch between what science knows and what business knows.
  • To motivate knowledge workers, use:
    • Autonomy
    • Mastery
    • Purpose
I also love the Atlasian story of "Fedex" days.

The whole concept of Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) looks like something that I should research and perhaps share.

Enjoy the Video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment