So here is how it works:
1. Set up the day by scanning the "Next Actions" list and dragging and dropping cards to get the appropriate prioritization.
2. Scan the "Waiting For . . . " list to see if any of the items you are waiting for are ready. If yes, drag them to the appropriate place in "Next Actions."
3. For each card in the "Projects" list determine the next action that you must take (note - this is NOT where you list tasks or actions assigned to other people - that is you project task list or action item list). Add that next action to the "Next Actions" list. The simple rule is - have at least one action for each project in either "To DO . . ." or "Waiting For . . . "
4. Go to work - work from the top of "Next Actions" and IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE!
5. If you run out of Next Actions (it could happen) re-review "Waiting For . . . ", "Projects," and then fall back to "Someday" until you find a valid task. If you ever come up empty - go do something fun!