Six ways I Use Webinars:
- To maintain my credential (PMI-PMP). It is easy to find webinars offered by PMI Registered Education Providers (REPs) so that the PMI-PDU bookkeeping is easy. If you pony up for a PMI membership, there are several good webinars offered by the various Communities of Practice via the PMI Site (Look in myPMI).
- For "Just in Time" training when I undertake a new or less-familiar task.
- To ensure that my organization's processes and procedures are industry best practice and sometimes to find opportunities to improve processes and procedures.
- To entertain myself during those rare times when I've done everything I can for my projects (See maintaining my credential above).
- To test drive areas as I consider taking additional in-depth training. For example, do I want to study for, and sit for the ITIL foundation certificate?
- To introduce myself to thought leaders in my industry.
Add webinars to your Professional Development Plan and use them to fill in the slow times while gaining information, insights, and qualifications.