Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tools Tuesday - Six Ways I Use Webinars

I view online and recorded webinars.  Carefully selected webinars give me great value for time spent.

Six ways I Use Webinars:

  1. To maintain my credential (PMI-PMP).  It is easy to find webinars offered by PMI Registered Education Providers (REPs) so that the PMI-PDU bookkeeping is easy.  If you pony up for a PMI membership, there are several good webinars offered by the various Communities of Practice via the PMI Site (Look in myPMI).
  2. For "Just in Time" training when I undertake a new or less-familiar task.
  3. To ensure that my organization's processes and procedures are industry best practice and sometimes to find opportunities to improve processes and procedures.
  4. To entertain myself during those rare times when I've done everything I can for my projects (See maintaining my credential above).
  5. To test drive areas as I consider taking additional in-depth training.  For example, do I want to study for, and sit for the ITIL foundation certificate?
  6. To introduce myself to thought leaders in my industry.
I also plan to present webinars to share my unique knowledge and perspectives and to increase my network's reach.  Wish me luck!

Add webinars to your Professional Development Plan and use them to fill in the slow times while gaining information, insights, and qualifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment