Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Agile Manifesto

Today's tools post shares the Agile Manifesto.



This simple manifesto, along with 12 principles that accompany it, have had a fantastic impact on my industry (Information Technology).  I urge you to memorize and understand these agile values, and apply them to your business and personal life.

Start at the Top

I often see people jump into agile by trying scrum, or kanban, or crystal clear.  The critical step that they miss is to understand the overriding values of agile.  The values expressed in the agile manifesto.  Start your agile journey by studying the agile manifesto!  If you are on your journey, refer to the manifesto often.

Sign On

Find the manifesto at www.agilemanifesto.org and consider becoming a signatory.  I signed a few years ago, when I started my agile journey.  I just finished training for my PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Professional) certification and it was fun and refreshing to get back to first values when we studied the manifesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment